Bullying is a significant problem in our workplaces and one that is not going away anytime soon!
This 4 hour interactive workshop is an introduction to the problem of bullying in our workplaces and is designed to inform and prepare the participant to deals with aspects of workplace bullying.
- 40% of employees state that they have been bullied at work
- Less than 25% of companies do anything about it
- The majority of companies that do something tell you how to report it after it has happened, not what to do to stop it from happening
- The majority of us (70%) have witnessed workplace bullying
- Women are victims 77% of the time
- Workplace bullying is 4 times more prevalent than sexual harassment
- 72% of the leaders of organizations and 61% of the managers in organizations do not believe that workplace bullying is happening in their organizations
- Review Bill 168 and how it relates to bullying in organizations
- Learn about the types and symptoms of bullying
- Learn the causes of bullying
- Learn the difference between workplace conflict and bullying
- Learn how an uncorrected childhood bully can become an abusive co-worker or supervisor
- Learn what happens to a workplace that is poisoned by bullying
- Learn how to recognize and address social problems before they become problematic and costly
- Learn how to recognize bullying behaviour in communications
Participants will explore:
This seminar will explain and demonstrate a mechanism to restore and heal a deteriorating work environment, and show how this same mechanism can be used to maintain a healthy, harmonious, productive and profitable workplace.
- How males and females bully. Is there a difference?
- Their leadership style. Are they a strong leader or a bully?
- If their organization has a true open door policy
- How someone can be punished by the organization for speaking out against workplace bullying. Does this really happen?
Supervisors and staff will come away with a better understanding of bullying. They will also have some realistic and relevant tools to deal with bullying if and when it happens to them.
Understanding and implementing practices to eliminate or alleviate the destructive ramifications of bullying behaviour can significantly reduce an organizations risk of litigation and related financial penalties.
OUR COURSES |
WORKPLACE VIOLENCE PREPARATION & PREVENTION
WORKPLACE BULLYING |
OUR INSTRUCTORS |
BENEFITS FOR YOU |
SECURITY TRAINING |